Friday, May 16, 2014

daylight...

This months Daylight Kit and Add on from Scraptastic was right up my alley with lots of yellow for me to play with.
 
Today I am sharing two of the four layouts I created with the kit.
 
This first one uses the fun exclusive stamp set with the lightbulb element.
 
 


I created a border across the top of my page with the stamp then used my son's yellow pencil and a sharpener to do some shading inside the bulb.


I wanted to include his drawing on my layout so trimmed it down and adhered it to the bottom of the layout.


This second one shares the story of my boys soccer boots that they just couldn't wait to wear for the first time.


Love that large ampersand  that comes in the kit.


I played around with an app on my phone to get the interesting effect o the photos for a bit of difference in my layout.


 Thanks for visiting.
Photobucket

13 comments:

Lizzyc said...

These look fabulous, lots to see on your pages, great photos, wonderful story's and vibrant colors and papers!!

Diana Waite said...

what a couple of BRIGHT fun pages!

Unknown said...

Love how you used the lightbulb stamp!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Oh these are your colors, mine too! These are fabulous! Love how you did the light bulbs with the artwork!

Nathalie said...

I am convinced this kit was created especially for you :) I LOVE the pages you have created wit it!

Lizzy Hill said...

Heehee! Just read Nathalie's comment above....methinks she's onto something!!! Popalicious colours - & that light bulb idea....looks fab:) Must say, you have one Good Budding Artist in your family, too:):) Oh, & I remember the soccer boot love.....great memories;)

Ashley Horton said...

Love how you mixed the Yellow, Green and Blue on these layouts Kim!! And that light bulb stamp is just too cute across the top of your page!

Moonie said...

great bold pages Kim.. love them

alexandra s.m. said...

You always know how to tell a story through your scrapbooking Kim! Your layouts are only only esthetically beautiful they're also very interesting!

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a lightbulb moment :)
Kim your designs are always so classic and so true to the whole concept of preserving the everyday moments. You are an inspiration to us all.

jamie said...

I think you should teach a class on how to embellish effortlessly. Because that's what you do!!!
~j

Leanne said...

totally awesome!

Chantalle said...

Love all the layouts you have created with this collection - so fresh! Especially love the globe stamping