Thursday, May 9, 2013

to all the mums...

With mothers day this weekend it was a perfect opportunity to create a few projects with mums in mind. Over on the Heidi Swapp blog we teamed up with Petaloo flowers. I created this card
using ColorShine mist to colour the flowers. The "mum" word is a FREE cut file available here just for us Aussie mums!


Addison my son helped me by creating a secret message for me using a white oil pastel and paper that was hidden inside the card. I share later in my post and on my video how the secret message was revealed.

I then created a display stand using my favourite photos, digi downloads, Petaloo flowers and Heidi Swapp papers embellishments.












Here you can see the message that Addison wrote me. He used Mint ColorShine mist over the oil pastel which created a  resist effect!





I then misted my youngest son's hand in Teal ColorShine and stamped his hand on the paper along side a poem I found on the internet.


and the video...




Photobucket

13 comments:

Lizzyc said...

AWWWWW! That end of the video is the sweetest thing!!! And your card is so pretty, and love your mini book, full of wonderful colors and precious things to see.. Have a wonderful Mothers Day Kim!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Fabulous, Kim ...just been over to the HS blog, but nowhere to comment....but I really loved your full & interesting post..the message & handprints are awesome!!!! Nice Silly bits, too:):)

Kerryn said...

Awesome in every way!

Mandy Melville said...

Beautiful work Kim! I love your display stand with precious photos of you with your boys and special things that they have created as well. Such a lovely way to display these things :)

Unknown said...

These are just beautiful Kim. You always create such fun and happy projects. Just wonderful.

Chantalle said...

You know how I feel about this - incredible! Can't wait to see it in real life!

alexandra s.m. said...

awwww...your magnificent post got me all teary eyed Kim!
You are such a talented creative Mama!!
Thank You and Happy Mother's Day <3

ScrappyRae10 said...

Oooooo this is fabulous. I am loving all the layer ;)

Angi Barrs said...

Happy Mum Day! Love your mini and those gorgeous flowers!

Denise said...

So beautiful! Love the Heidi Swapp album!

Tarrah McLean said...

Oh how gorgeous Kim!! Addison is so beautiful!! I love your card and mini album, they are both stunning, hope you had a lovely Mothers Day xx

Moonie said...

very cute work Kim.. LOve the cutest little free cutouts... and the video is priceless xx

Rebecca Keppel said...

So, so sweet!